Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Eurotrip: Germany: Pictures

Friday June 13
Train again.....to where?? Duh duh dun!
Woke up, finished packing, ate, said my goodbyes, went to train station.  Those are the mornings I hate (really anytime you must say goodbye.....that's why there is 'until next time').  I went to the train station, and the best one for me was leaving at 0807, I got there at 0812, so owell, I decided on making my own route, and asked if a train was good for me, and I was answered by the nicest train information person I have had (and it was a dude!), so I hopped on a train to Zünich!
I'm not done with my travels yet, but I'll give you a hint what it has looked like so far.
Basel - Zürich 0833 - 0930
Zürich - Schaffhausen 1040 - 1121
Schaffhausen - Ulm 1141 - 1353
This last one is the one I am on right now, but it was 5 minutes late!  My connection is at 1409, so hopefully I can get it!  If not, I guess more adventures for me! But my host mother had warned me German trains were quite good at being off time, sometimes up to an hour.  The Germans are losing their touch, the swiss trains are nearly perfect! ;D
Write more when I'm on my next train!
That last train moved at the speed of sloth!  But I had the easiest check ever!  I held it up, he glanced at it and said okay ;).  But we made it on time!  And my connection was latttttteee!  Time of departure 1409, time it got there and pretty much departed, 1423 (so not that late, but I'm used to swiss trains now....even the Italian trains did well).  So now I'm on my way to Muenchen, or Munich for us ;).
Tell you what happens later! -- I'm there until Monday midday!
Do widzenia (pa!), blog ya later!
I'm waiting for a jet plane, I hope it will take me to Norway. (If you could put that in to the song, congrats!) So I thought I might do some more writing.  This time in Munich has been fun, but has had some interesting points!
On Friday I arrived and just walked to the hostel, where I met Emilia eventually.  We just stayed there that night and watching the soccer game going on and told about our adventures we have been having (Emilia will probably have a real post up before me, you can check here's out).  I picked Spain, and she, the Netherlands.... To say the least, I had a very bad pick.
Random thing: when I asked if the tap water was good to drink, the staff man told me "yes, it's the beer water, we try to keep it safe" ;p


Saturday June 14
Munich
We did some sleeping, but then adventured around town and found the place for the Color Run.  We don't think we found the right stuff, there were only 5 buildings that looked old, and way too many people.  So we walked a bit, went to Mass, and playing some basketball.  Basketball is apparently mine as much as volleyball is hers.... Who knew?  We then watched the soccer again, I Costa Rica, her, Uruguay.  I had a bit more luck this night.  But we argued just as much as anyone who actually cared! 



Gelato again!!





Red eye, it's a problem among lions these days.

BMW test vehicle and Emilia.


Sunday June 15
Munich
Color run day!  Emilia and I met in Munich just for this, and it was fun!  I also never realized how easy 5km could be...... I'm still not sure how I was able to do it....and I think if I wanted, I could have ran faster (but why? And I have no idea how to pace myself ;p).  Some dancing was done, went and colored the showers of our hostel and about here we received our interesting news.
1) We were to couch surf that night, but he had lost his keys in London before he came back.
Thanks Denis!



2) He was super cool dude, and he had us stay with one of his friends, where there happened to be a fondou party
3) first time experience for both Emilia and I!
4) it was a very fun night
5) my time in Norway got a bit more interesting
It truly was a good night, there were all kinds of people there, a guy from Wales married to a Brazilian, two German girls, our host, included in three German guys, a French Canadian guy, an Aussie girl, a mexian girl, and Emilia and I.  Much talk, and just as much food was passed around.  And I guess Emilia is from the USA now.




While still clean...

And not so much :P

Emilia just told me about the green, and that I had a bit of yellow on the other side :P


It was quite a good day :D

Colour party!

nearly got it all gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment