Thursday, July 3, 2014

Eurotrip: Austria: Pictures

After a day of baking and packing, I left late in the night (0040) and walked to the bus stop to go to Stockholm and get my parents.  My bus ride, about 0140-0630 worked well, my parents (and sister) could not say the same as their flight was late, the train from the airport was broken, and they didn't know how buses worked.  So they showed up about 1000, and we looked about Stockholm a while, and went home (my home: Jönköping).  We then did a bit of packing for the next day and I finished up the Swedish supper of meatballs, potatoes, gravy, and lingonberry jelly.   They got to meet my house mates and also my friends Adam and Emilia (which I realized that whenever I tell a story from Sweden, one of these two names are involved ;p).  After this, Adam, Emilia and I all went to Aka, danced the night away until 0100, and proceeded on to Emilia leaving (needing that sleep thing..…pssshhhh) and Adam and I went and had a guys night, having fun and seeing the sun rise at a nice 0400 and cooking bacon and eggs like champs....and maybe waking up my family at 0600. (This being Thursday, 29th of May)


Thursday
Interesting day....... Which you will soon know why!
Precursor, I've learned that you don't fall asleep with people that have no idea what they are doing.
I said my goodbye to Adam, and we headed out to the bus to the airport, and I fell asleep, for I had not been to bed yet.  So I told everyone what stop, and slept.  My father woke me when we were there, I thought it was a bit odd, but hey, sleep was more interesting and got off, we went to the pressbyrån, when I learned we were in Norrköping, not Nyköping, like I had hoped.  So we took a bus to Nyköping, then my first taxi to the airport.  Once that was past, my parents learned the 20 minute check and run method I have perfected.  Got our flight, and after. Much worrying, the connecting flight, and in Wien!


Friday 30st May
.....well...there was sleeping in :p
We did finally get going though and followed the instructions of two of my Austrian friends I have (had?) In Sweden.  We saw the old city parks (including Mozart's grave), multiple palaces, and chocolate cake! :)
That night we went to a concert of Mozart and Strauss musik.  There was not too much more for the day, but we were very impressed with the subways of Wien.



Why is it two headed?


Tradition clothes that only tourists wear!





expensive car.....I had too :P






Cake!

Why is the cake always gone???




Saturday 31st -- Sunday 1st June
Salzburg
While in Salzburg we did a bit of hiking, sightseeing, and went on a really cool bike riding tour with some very fun people (the tour guide even enjoyed, even if we did go about an hour over time.  We were planning on getting a train at 1500, but were late exploring, and got one at 1756, where my family had their first experience standing on a train, but we all ended up getting to sitting by 2030, which I got to do because of a nice German girl I met and talked to a little, and she ended up getting me a seat on the train by her and her friend, we only talked about 20min before they went into German mode, but it was very nice to seat, and very nice of them!!!  We are now going towards Dornbirn, the home of some of my ancestors!
I'm right now in a train again and it's the 10th of June, so I have a bit to catch up on!

We climbed a hill that has the stations of the cross and found this at the top.





Musik fest!


Apple strudel!



Bike tour, and mom's bike broke ;P














Master level heel click ;P


We pushed a garage bin like it was the car from The Sound of Music, I should get this photo for you ;P.
Got it~



it's that thing in the next photo, deep fried sandwich of jam ;)




Monday June 2nd
Dornbirn
In Dornbirn!  We woke up early this day and went to Liechtenstein!!!  It was an interesting journey though..…  we went to the train station and went to the city closest the border, Feldkirch, and asked the lady at the information desk in the bus station directions, it was only supposed to be walk to the end of the street and turn left.  So we did, and the turn was very near, so we walked, and walked, and walked.  We started to think that we had passed the border already.  I. Went inn a store and got chocolate and my mother asked how far away Liechtenstein was.  We had about 1 more km and bam!!  There is was!!  So it was only 4 or 5 km, but that lady at the bus station needs to learn direction giving skills!
We then walked to the city hall and met the town government of Dornbirn*
*side note: the town near my happens to bee a sister city of Dornbirn, and they were there about 2 weeks before, and my parents went and met them already, so just my sister and I met these people for new.
They (the Dornbirn people) took us to the house that my great great grandfather lived in before he came to the United States!  Pretty sweet, not everyone can do that!  So we took photos, confused the current residents (not relatives, it was a young guy who had just bought the house and was adding on and fixing it).  We then went back down the hill (yeah, this house was on a HILL) and went to lunch, where the city of Dornbirn had me have snitzel (I can't check spelling of this right now :( sorry), so I got my final Austria food to try before we left!  The Dornbirn people then took us to a lift (cable car) and we went to the top of. A low mountain and could see all of Dornbirn, and also Switzerland and Germany,  (also Lake Constance(? Again, spelling)).


So we had our fun on the mountain, and on the way down my sister was took she had a nice tongue (she was making faces at my dad.... This was a funny thing for me, my sister didn't like it as well ;p).  And continued on, got our bags (included the now 'dreaded yellow bag' which contained much of our food, but was very awkward and heavy). Got on a very uncomfortable night train, and went to Roma!



Another one on the list!



Found where you are!

My great great grandfather's home, before he left to the USA!

view from his home

Catholic Church of Dornbirn

We took the cable car

and saw the house again!

and a bit more

























O


No comments:

Post a Comment