Thursday, July 10, 2014

Eurotrip: Norway: Pictures

Monday June 16
Munich - Norway
Stavanger
Early this morning we left early to the airport and Emilia left for home, actually, just did ( I am writing this right at her departure time).  I have a bit more time to wait, and a few things to order out for Norway ;p.  Hope all goes well!  Will see you soon Norway!
Pa! Blog ya later!
In a train to Oslo now from Stavanger.  I have learned the rule of travel for sure, not everything goes according to plan.
I got there on Monday and went to my hostel, and met two new people, an older man from Germany named Walter, and a Korean kid named Kim. (With more I couldn't say).  I had it so I would got to preikestolen with them the next day!
But it was still light out, so I went and adventured town a bit, until is was slightly dark......at 2330 :p

Geeky - ism  in the airport!





I got to know this place much too well!

I was in the exit seat on the way there, super leg room!

Some nice Norwegian mountains on the way.





The hostel in the hospital....hhhmmmm


Tuesday June 17
Norway
Preikestolen
I went out to get my train ticket, and was going to meet the other two as the ferry.  They took a bus, and I beat them walking!  We went by ferry, then bus, then 5k hike to get there! But it was worth it!  Kim wouldn't get anywhere near the edge, but Walter and I did, and got some tourist photos!  We both went to the higher area as well, and he went down before me, and when I went down is when things got messy.
To make a long story short.
I got hurt.
There are nice people in the world.
I didn't do anything more in Stavanger.
Going on a train to Oslo, get a patch, get a photo where my grand grandfather was a ferry man, and head back to Jönköping for a lot of sleep!   This is the plan!

Just a preview ;)

 Some shots from the ferry...



Then a bus ride, then to the hike!















Walter, Kim, and I













Back home now!  Time to finish my write up!
Wednesday and Thursday
Norway
Stavanger
I was in the hospital getting my jaw fixed, but don't worry, everything was all fixed and all good!!

Thursday night I took a train to Oslo.
This is me now!




Friday
Norway
Oslo

Train photos on the way!




Can you guess where?

Opera House






This was right around a corner and scared the heck out of me!


doesn't seem to be too far...

Castle I found!

Hanging out with a cannon ;)

....couldn't really smile :P




Fancy car!

Think this is what they did to me?

Ferry!

what a lot of the city looked like :P


It's everywhere!!!  DAH!

Friday I adventured through Oslo, and managed to to get a picture of the ferry boats!  I also explored a good part of the city and found myself a patch for Norway.  I then continued on with my journey by bus to Gothenburg, then a train to Falkoping, and finally a train to Jonkoping and bus home!  Where I made myself chicken soup I could eat and surprised Monica back at the house with my being there, and explained my most interesting story of how I hurt myself!
This is the transcript I wrote to my friends after it happened:
(and kinda like I tell it too)

I was hiking on preikestolen (I was sorta hiking with an older guy I met) and went to the higher bit and was coming back and I fell Hard Some very nice people came along and helped me (for I was bleeding everywhere) and I thought I lost a tooth So we left, went down the whole path, bus and on the ferry I. Looked in the mirror My gum was completely split between two teeth So I went to the ER when I got back, they found nothing too wrong and sent me to the dentist so I went to the dentist (supppppppper nice lady) and she was mad at the er and she cleaned my my other face wounds herself and was going to sew my gums together, but found that jaw is fractured as well, she then booked a hostel for me (cause I had been running about to fix this) and got together for me to have oral surgery Wednesday morning to put my jaws and teeth back together. But plus! I did get to some hiking, and. ,all of preikestolen I still have all my teeth I'll have some awesome scars on my face ;p *I don't, I healed too well ;P* The older guy is woke me tuesday night to make sure I don't have a concussion It'll be fixed wednesday I have one wicked experience to tell about ;:p
Wednesday I went to the oral surgery area, and after being told that the day was busy and had my xrays, I was having surgery at about 10. At noon they were talking to me already and told me I now have 2 plates on my jaw bone and my nerve is fine, and I should be well in about 6 weeks They were all super nice to me over here, and the doc who put me under was having the most fun, saying he had some really good drugs for me, and that I was a true viking, because I did this on top of the rock, and hiked all the way down, bus, and ferry and then got to the hospital ;p All is well, my face looks the same (but I haven't shaved), and I have more things in my left hand than I though I ever would. I can still talk by the way, so muhmahahahahahah!
Thursday Ordering this up for me to leave on my train tonight (I'm happy I did tonight and not tomorrow)
In the end, this has been an adventure in itself. I've had super good docs and nurses (I think I made most of them laugh, which I consider a good sign, a happy person takes care of you better!). And one nurse I talked to in Swedish, ha! It was kinda hard to think in after being in Italian and German though

and we stayed up quite late talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment