Monday, March 31, 2014

Goteborg: Naturhistoriska Museum

At the Natural History Museum I tried using my Swedish, but the man at the desk was not having a very good day I guess.  But it was a very cool museum to walk around, and I had a very good practice of my Swedish, as everything was in Swedish.

I am splitting the pictures more by animals than how I saw them, but interesting story towards the end!

Interesting how they put those rabbits.......

Star fish....but one has 7 legs!

Looked like a very lazy and mutated cat fish

"I SEE YOU!!!!!11!!1!"

Insides of small snarks, yum!

We all have that one relative that looks like this, and you know it! ;P  

Makes me think of home.........and running away

I saw a live one!  and petted it!

This is a very cool map that shows different animals about the world.

Only stuffed Blue Whale in the World!


I touched it! {and fo a comparison of size too..I guess}



yeah, that's a hinge!


the actual hairs used by the whale to eat





I also found this beauty in the museum, so, this means dragons are real, right??


This next animal I deem as one of the scariest looking animals, I guess that's why Emilia wants it as a pet ;P



this scared me a lot coming around that corner!

a lot of skulls....

the one on the right didn't eat enough...

It's that thing below....pretty odd



They looked like they wanted to eat me.  {huge eyes!}







Does this dress make me look fat?

white cardinals!

Puffin!

this was the largest eagle...and none were bald :(


More puffins!

I imagine it sounds like a hair shoppe in there.....

Has anyone seen my tail?

I do not want to listen to you right now!
This was quite a cool showing, the birds of the different parts of the world:








they just looked very angry.....

Birds with hats!--I didn't know that was a thing!

I guess so!




I hope you noticed those last 3 photos were reeeeaaaally bad.  That is because the lights went off all of the sudden, I thought I just had to wave my hand in front of the sensors...but they didn't work {I had been having problems before with them anywho}, so I continued and went downstairs and looked in the gift shop and a lady came out and stared at me, said something in Swedish, looked at my face and said it again in English "we are closed, have been for about 10 minutes".  Oops!--so I took my leave to go on more adventures!

On to the rest of the night!!















No comments:

Post a Comment