Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Long time, {still} no see!

The last one of these I seemed to have written was back on March 9th!  Oh my!  So I'm just going to start writing and see where I end.  First off: I have been forgetting to mention we had a currency exchange here in Furan.  I have quite the odd assortment of monies now.



Above: Hong Kong dollars, and the Hong Kongians showed me what a hundred looks like, and they have 3-4 versions!  But one of them HAS A MARCHING BAND ON IT!!
Below:  Norwegian Krone {they have a hole like that of some of the Danish money} 

{Compared to 1 USD}
{compared to 1 Swedish Kronor}
7.76 Hong Kong Dollar
1.21 Hong Kong Dallor
6.06 Norwegian Krone
0.94 Norwegian Krone
Below:  We have the Mexican Peso on each side of the Polish Zloty (only 3 cents...but hope to get more soon!) {which I say wrong....and end up saying 'golden' in Polish}






13.21 Mexican Peso 
2.05 Mexican Peso

3.05 Polish Zloty
0.47 Polish Zloty


1.00 USD=25,126.99 IRR
3915.45 Rials
 This next one is from Iran and was worth about 1 Swedish krown.  Quite the exchange rate! and this is a 10000 bill!


 This one is from Turkey!  The Turkish Lira.
2.24 Turkish Lira 
0.35 Turkish Lira



And finally some Chinese money!
 The Hong Kongians also had this, but don't particularly like the man printed on them.....

6.19 Chinese Yuan

0.96 Chinese Yuan


Since March 9th.....
I had my first concert with one of the big bands [rightly named; Swinging Big Band] I am in, here in Sweden.  We were the pre-band for another one [that you had to pay for!].  It was a very interesting experience, I knew one person there, and I had a solo, so I'm not sure if that made me more nervous, or made it so I just played whatever! ;P

Then started the studying.
So much studying!  I studied Friday to the Friday of my exam and I think it went okay...but we shall see when the results come back!  Then after Math, I had my Swedish exam on Monday--And the beginning of my new classes of Applied Finite Element Method {which doesn't seem to bad...at least of yet ;P} and Materials Failure and Analysis {which we started the lab today, the Prof was there, but basically said 'here's a part, study it and write a report'--but he was there the whole time.  He also showed us all the cool tools {toys} they have here!!!!  I'll just say, I am fairly excited to use them all in this experiment...even if they are not relevant...I vote we use them anyway.  :)

Besides this I am also involved with this thing called the Jibs Entrepreneurship Challenge:
In which I am working working with the guys from one of the bands I am in.  Jano {of course!} also a guy from Croatia and a Swede!  The basic part of this challenge is we are locked into a room for 24 hours and told to solve a problem in the industry of a company.  So far, we know that the company is involved in commercial printing, and that's about it.  We actually met today to read about this commercial printing background, but it fell down into comics by the end, like all good study sessions do! ;P  If we win though, it would definitely get me to another country {or 2 or 3!}.  Our chances seem pretty good, we are team 11 {lucky!} and Jano and I went to a meeting before for this challenge, where we won a spontaneous creativeness contest, not half bad!

Besides this, we are all keeping busy here.  If not doing classes, trying to be prepared for this new set of courses [which are much more engineering based], organizing or going to a planned event, or trying to plan our own trips!  Of which, if you are in the Jönköping area, next concert is April 11, at a time, and I'm sure it will have a place, so come if you would like!  You also don't have to stay very long, I'll be leaving for Poland soon after!  {I need to practice some Polish!}

Do widzenia i dobranoc!

Blog ya later!




No comments:

Post a Comment