Saturday, March 8, 2014

Ketchup Time!

Man, I really need to ketchup on my events that are happening, but I mustalso go on!
My brain, it's been out to lunch too long, I'm starting to do too many puns!
What happened since the 25th of February?  No idea!  That's too long to remember!---but we will see how far I can get!

Last week was a little more easy.  I had just the normal math and Swedish courses.  On Wednesday we did go to Aka and had some fun.
This kind of fun; and you can see my great photo taking abilities!
Not this kind of fun, it still haunts us!
Then one of the official photo people came by and took our photo....they almost look the same, right?

Emily, me, and Anna {a Fadder}, I am not sure I should be allowed to smile like that!
On Saturday morning we {Emily and I} went to a concert that our friend Jano was in, a sax player.

This is where I got into band number 3!  Jano is the one with the first two bands, and the director of this band came up and Jano told him I play trumpet, and the director told me "Welcome to the band"--that was easy!!

I had set up a pizza dinner party thing in Furan for Saturday night, so after the concert it was pizza making time!
5kg of flour into dough!!
But I think it turned out quite well, and was still getting told about it this week.
About 35 people ended up coming!
We went to the Mass in Polish, and I went home and studied!
Monday was more studying!
But it was the last lecture of Stats we had!

--and Tuesday and Wednesday was more of the same, but it was Ash Wednesday, so went to Mass in Swedish!
Also, throughout these two weeks I went to many speakers on such things as, internships, resumes, job applications, working in another country, and debating.

Thursday night I had practice with the 3rd band, and I learned an important phase in Swedish.
Jag behöver noterna! --I need the sheet music!
The director talked mostly in Swedish, and I could pick up all the music things....but the announcements is what got me!  I guess there was another band that needed help for a gig April 10.
Yes, it was necessary.
So I was slightly voluntold to go help with this band, so he said, "and what about Jonathan?"--at which point I just stared at him and told him I had no idea what was going on.  So he told me that it was probably better that way and Jano would tell me where!
So yesterday {Friday} after class and the Australian culture day {I almost avoided vegemite.....but they hid it in a roll too!} I went off to practice....a fair distance from home base.

While waiting outside, I met the youngest of the members of this new band Isas {e-sa} who also played trumpet {in fact, I ended up doubling her part.....I was offered first but really didn't want to try that after 2 months of not playing!}.  I met a long of new swedes {and one I rode on the bus all the way home [2 different buses] because he lived out by me!} and there was even a Polish kid.  I tried out some of my Swedish and Polish on them, but when they say "Say something"--it's very difficult to just come up with something...especially when in English I would more or less say "I have fifty penguins you do my dishes"--or some such odd thing.

~~Side note: Polish people must have some saying they use all the time that translates to "more or less".....the kid last night tried to say it, but I read it on him before he could talk and told him not to...arg!---I was trying to say his name right, but when it's close~ish {or perhaps when they give up on me}  they same "more or less"~~~random side note done, continuing on!

So I rode home with the kid that lives further on than me {John, worked out nicely!} and came home to try and do things......that doesn't seem to work well.  Both Wednesday night and Friday night I've ended up talking to Roberto, one of our resident Mexicans almost the whole night {and last night until 2AM!}--but that's what I'm on exchange for, meeting new people and learning their cultures!  {and sleep is over rated!}

In the books:
Trips!--there's going to be a lot after exams!
Mass in English on Sunday! {3 Masses in different languages in 1 week!}
Explore the town I went to last night! Huskvarna.
Study, study, study, eat, study, ................. repeat!   Exams in two weeks and must to ready!

Blog ya later!   

PS--
Check out Emilia's Blog on Sweets of Sweden! --She's much braver than I at this food thing!
~~~This is in Polish, so either use a translator {google chrome} or use this phrase: Jestem zdezorientowany poniewaź nie rozumiem {as they would say: it's more or less, I am confused because I don't understand!}

Check out Brian's Blog on On a Boat! -- He went to Norway by himself and had a pretty good adventure!
~~~This is not in Polish, in fact, I am pretty sure it's in better English than I write in.



No comments:

Post a Comment