Sunday, March 30, 2014

Short Thursday

Thursday, March 27
On this day I had been at a workshop for "giving your pitch".  It was very useful, I feel, but made me have to talk more.  I'll begin at the beginning, for it's a very good place to start.

I joined Jano in leaving in the morning on the bus that leaves from in front of our dorms.  I didn't have to wake the bus driver up this time....but he called me over to open the door from the outside because it would not open from the inside.  Once that was done, I was done laughing, and we got on the bus, we arrived at the Science Park, a place in Sweden to help small businesses start and get them tips to do better.  Once we found our team and the right place in the building, we had a short presentation on pitches and how to set them up.
We were then split into teams and given different cases to give a pitch on {forming the whole from 3 lines of information!}.  Tyvärr, I was picked the speaker for our team because I'm the "native speaker"---{I don't think they understand I'm an engineer.....I don't use any language well}.  I think we did pretty well, and we ended up with this as a board:

Besides getting to practice my speaking skills, I did learn that we do a lot more practice and epenthesis on being able to speak well and make the whole talk blend together.  Here they don't do as much of these speaking classes, but then again, their main language is not English.

After this, I went off with another team member {who's over 2m tall} and found a showing of electric cars.  So we talked a bit to a man that worked with them all, and I learned about all the crazy taxes that are on cars here.  There was also a small TESLA, and he tried to fit..... 
If only he didn't need a left leg.....

Besides this, I prepared for my trip to Goteborg {Gothenburg in English}.

Blog you later!


No comments:

Post a Comment