Saturday, January 18, 2014

A week has gone by, and I'm tired!

I am sorry for all the spelling/wrong word issues in earlier blogs!--I just went back to read them and was confused myself!

Anywho~~~~
This week has been pretty busy.  Classes started on Tuesday (only my Statistical Methods class--stats from now on), and it's in the afternoon; which is not good for my ability to understand.  So 3-5PM we were in class (Brian and Emily both have the same class) and after we went to something called Stadsvandring.  It was a hike around town where we had to do various activities.  Like; did you know that 20 Engineers can fit inside a Swedish phone booth?  Also engineers are very good at making shapes [linking arms and making outlines of such things as a house, circle, and dinosaur], and we also learned a bit about the Student Union here, where I won another patch.  We met up again afterward at a small concert and went to the Student pub/nightclub thingy [I don't have much experience with these things], which is run by students with volunteer students working.  It is called Akademien, or Aka by the students.  Here I personally just dance but there are those who partake in the 'pub' side of it also.  So I leave between 11-12, before it gets interesting ;P

Wednesday
No classes today!  So I cleaned and explored school a little and worked on some of my paper work.  Also got my first rent bill today yeah!........ :P
When to Aka again tonight, and danced with one of my Fadders WHO KNEW HOW TO SWING DANCE!!! --If you can't tell...I was excited...and still am!

Thursday
Class again!
We then had this thing called 'night mission' in which we had to find different objects off a list to get points.  I went outside with another kid and I got a film of me dancing with an older couple (who were very nice!), some flowers (didn't have quite enough, so had to draw a rose on a fadder's arm), and something weird with a statue (I boxed with a bust ;P).  It was a lot of fun!
Went again to Aka (it's usually only Wednesday nights, but for kick off it's everynight!), but only stayed until 10:30ish, but got to dance swing again ;).

Friday
Almost there!
Class again, but they have this thing called tutorial over here.  The Prof. goes through examples at first then afterwards you can ask questions of him.  So today was just an hour of lecture to catch up on stuff from the week, hour of examples, then we were done!
*Side note-we get breaks in a 2 hour class! It's crazy, but we do move quite fast through the material, or it might just be that I've never done stats before.
Otherwise I worked on my bonus work.  [We got 5 problems a week and turn them in, the Prof. corrects one of them randomly, and if correct, we get a bonus point towards the final!]  It's pretty nice.  Then did go to Aka with people from my home here (Furan), but left right after 11PM, there were too many people there for me!! [and they all were a little tipsy :|]

Saturday
Yay! Today!
Got up....rather late for me, made food and realized it was the last of it!  CRISIS!! So went and got food.  Today I also got to meet my Buddy from the University!  After we found eachother (we were about 5 feet apart and didn't realize it) we went to a cafe where she had me eat a green Swedish cake (it was really good!) and she told me about the town, trips, herself and Sweden.  I was very nice.  And now I'm back, writing this for you!

Sorry there are no photos for this week, I am being careful with it so it does not get hurt!  I'll try and take some this weekend!

Blog ya' later!



No comments:

Post a Comment