Sunday, January 12, 2014

In HI TECH


Photo credit......google images?
This pretty much explains what I have been up to.  On Friday we had our Overall Ceremony when we received our much convented orange overalls!  But first I should explain more about HI TECH and what I'm on about.

HI TECH is an organization that introduces the international engineering students to Jönköping University.  They put on welcoming activities and have "Fadders"--who are students who have been at the University (some international themselves) who put on the activities and are there to ask questions of.



Before the Ceremony.....
One of the traditions here is to get overalls in the colour of your school.  The Engineering school's colour is an orange/yellow.  The Overall Ceremony deals with making your overalls....not quite as clean.  It is also a great experience in getting to know your fellow engineers even better!  I'm very happy I went!

Overalls and the entrance to the Engineering building.
There is a slight rule to go along with the overalls though....You can not wash them, at least not by themselves.  To wash them you must be in them ;P.

[Incase you can not see it well, I'm pointing to an America Flag patch I bought before leaving home]

Representing!!








This is how we get the wear them now that we are past the Ceremony.
I have a couple patches I still need to put onto them.  Both of them saying I am part of HI TECH.  This week is supposed to be very busy!  The other schools show up (including a new girl at our dorm--another American from the homeland..ish--Chicago, and she lives across from me.  Thus the Americans own the end of the hallway!) and we have the real kick off week!  It involves games against the other schools and I imagine it is like our homecoming at UWP.  I'm pretty pumped!

Completely random fact for you: Dogs aren't completely colour blind.  Look it up yourself!--I believe it is the green -- blue colours that are the problem.

You say Jönköping "young-show-ping"

Now you know! -- Bill Nye

Smiling and timed photos.....
I am not the master of these...


It's going to be a busy week!
Blog ya later!

to come up--
-hiked on Saturday!
-Mass and perhaps more rambling!
-future "stuff made of stuff with some more stuff!"-- Dr. Kraemer 


No comments:

Post a Comment