Monday, January 20, 2014

Who knows?

Who knows what's going to be in this post?  Not even I as of yet!--So let's get going!

Saturday~~
Saturday-(Lördag)-I went out to Aka again this night, and had quite a bit of fun, but didn't know a lot of the people there!--So Emily and I stuck together most of the night and I believe I managed to scare some people into submission with my fantastic dancing skills *cough* that may include the classic fridge dance.

[This is where I would like to include a clever and funny
Youtube video of someone doing this dance, but none were
like that of the fridge dance I know and love.  They were rubbish.  
It was sad]



This is our Fadders (in the purple and bright yellow/green shirts) and everyone else is other exchange students (in fact, some of the Fadders are from elsewhere, what I remember--France and Turkey).


I forced Emily to take a photo with me, you can see
my evil-ness reflected in that guy over my shoulder.
I then came home and talked to my parental units! --It was only about 5:30PM at home for them....It was a bit earlier here ;P


Sondag~~
  After a short sleep it was time to get ready for Mass!  Went to Mass, and I think I got a record 6 words out of a 25 minute Homily!---I guess that's not very good, is it?  but it was better than last week!  But I did meet a priest before Mass (you Catholic may know what this means), and a lady told me before that he was in Canada before coming here!  HAHA!  so there was one who knew English--In fact he had to use it in Mass because he didn't know how to announce something in Swedish.  At the end of Mass he also announced there would be an English Mass the nest week for the exchange students, so Emily and I agree to go to that one next week [we would understand it, YAY!].  During the day I did some more boring work and taught myself how to make bread.

That night we (the Furan [which I learned is said "foo ron" so I feel like it should be Furån--but I digress] Family) got together to try and get to know each other better and we had quite a few of the people all together.  There are only about 20 of us living here though.  We played games and had fun conversations until about 1:30AM.
About half of our Furan Family

Monday~~
Did all the fun things, like;
  • Paid the rent
  • Compared the Stats Problems
  • Paid a fee to Pay my rent :P
  • Got more things to make more food....wait--this really is fun :D
  • I love food, so I ate
  • Now I am just making more bullet points because I can
  • See?
I had another Stats class today also, but I understood it all!  After stats I went to a "Buddy Mingle", so got to talk to my buddy more!  We then had a quiz about Sweden, we did a good job at guessing together!  Just the people with the answers did it wrong.  I met some more people (including my Buddy's brother).  And came home and practiced my Spanish for 45 Minute ~ish while eating and cleaning, and then making more bread (might have been longer, but it was fun!--I still remember quite a bit even though it's been 4 years since my last clase de español).
          
           *Note: don't punch into a glass bowl....I skinned my thumb-- did learn you can make bread with just one hand though!

And I finally am reallllllllllly close to being right when I'm saying hi in Polish [it's very hard for me!]!!!  Now just writing for you with my pet of bread is rising [the warmest area in the building is on my floor ;P].

I'll do more random things later, like some of my favorite sweets of Sweden so far.

Oh! and I saw my first women bus driver yesterday!

Blog ya Later ;)

4 comments:

  1. the photo.... I need to be photoshoped out of this one ; P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That possibility has been computed and has been found illogical ;P

      Delete
  2. Way to go on the homemaking skills ;) Bread is the best!

    ReplyDelete