Sunday, January 26, 2014

Here in Jönköping....

Here in Jönköping it's.....really dark, probably because it is 2300, but then again, it gets dark at 1530....or I should say grayish.  But what am I doing?   Weather waits until the end of a conversion when you don't know what else to talk about (unless you are Swedish, then it's usually the first thing you talk about!).

What did I do last time, I believe ended on Monday!--So let's skip to Wednesday!

Wednesday
Did anyone else read that in an announcer voice?--anywho!

I had to go get my picture and finger prints done for my resident permit, and had my appointment for Wednesday morning.  Was it ever a difficult place to find!  The picture on the left is what I found first, that sign, up on the 3-4 floor says I had to be there, great place for a sign!  I ended up going through the back entrance and was at the door for employees.  Which is what I was told when a lady came out of it and said I had to go around the building to the other entrance, arrgg!

 I only found it because I remembered it was in number 7, otherwise it's on those little signs to the right!  Super easy :P.  Once I got inside, waited for them to finally open at 9AM, it took about 4 minutes total.

Main street in town centre, very cool.
So after my fun at the migration office, I went off to explore!  I found that most places don't open until 10AM, so I got cold and went into a hardware shop that was open!
This is what an empty Ikea is like...


They had a video screen outside the store.....it was very odd.

I found the Swedish version of DUCKTAPE©!

After my excursion I headed back home and decided to make something new....

Yum yum!
That night I then went to may buddy's house before Aka and had a fun time meeting a lot of new people!  I picked a Swedish guy's brian for about an hour and learned quite a bit!  We then all went to Aka as a group and had some fun, but I lost them shortly after [3 dances ish] and found some engineering friends.


I was a fun night, and got a bus home by 11:45PM [it took almost 15min to get my coat!]--getting the bus is always a happy thing!

Thursday
Inset "Swedish Language"
Thursday was the real beginning of my language course, with another to follow on Friday.  It moves very quickly, and my mouth was not ready to try and make those noises :P.  But I am better off than some, I have lip muscles from trumpet and can roll my r's--both of which are needed in Swedish!  We [Brian, Emily and I] started planning our own trip to Kiruna also, because we could not go to the ones set up by the student union here!......So I did research and didn't get my homework done:P  Also some people were visited downstairs, and one came up while I was making more Cinnamon rolls and played a game.....his idea was to make everything harder by closing your eyes X].

Friday
Class until 4PM--food--and researched more for our trip.  I also researched for going to Rome, Don't know if I said on here, but I have a ticket to see the Pope for Easter Mass! [cheers, confetti!]  We then watched two different movies as a Furan Family and finally went to bed......around late O'clock.  Today was just a homework day.  That was all.  But Mass tomorrow in English!--I'll understand something!  YAY!

O yeah!--I found how to make my keyboard do the extra Swedish letters!..It was exciting for me!

Hejdå!
blog ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment