Monday, February 3, 2014

It's February Already!

Hello and welcome back!
A week since my last one, so I'll try and sum it up quick!

Monday



{I always think of this for Mondays!}
Just stats, yay!
(And I think Swedish homework.....I should write things down...)

Tuesday
Jeepers!  Had our first 'culture' part of our Swedish class about Swedish Literature.  It was......well......A certain liquid would be better to observe. ;P

The bad part of this was it was at the same time as our stats class....so we had to miss stats to be very informed in literature that I had never heard of, but I guess it is famous. (?)--The only one that I knew was the author of pippi longstockings.  This coming week is Swedish music, I was listening to some on Youtube, and I'll have you listen to it! [I learned to put youtube onto these......can you tell?]
This is much better than the one I found...Tuesday may be fun!

After class I went to a thing called 'Language Cafe'
In my dorm....from last year.
This, I learned, was actually something put together by my buddy!  I sat at the 'Swedish' table to try and pick up a few new Swedish words, and we ended up doing a Swedish/Spanish mix.  Then I tried out some Swahili my Mom gave me......They were right!  I was speaking to a guy, Martin, from Kenya.  He then taught me how to say 'very good' and 'goodbye'.  I didn't pick up to much Swedish though, but I practiced introducing myself.

After the Language Cafe, they have free movies at school on Tuesdays.  This week was Despicable Me 2.  It was fun, and still got home by 2130!

Wednesday
I slept, I admit it....  but then I got up, made bread, tried some math.....didn't really know what I was doing.

At 17 I went to church and met the other exchange students, there were only 3 of us there last week, but I'm hoping for more this week.  We went over the reading for...today!

Then did my Swedish homework, läxa!

Thursday
Stats and don't remember!
*Was almost done...and remembered what Thursday was!
Brian, Emily, and I booked our trip to Kiruna!  Yay!  Then we went and had a kebab pizza afterwards (when we caught Emily!)--this was a new experience for me.....and first time I've had to eat a pizza with a fork, it was odd [the fork for pizza mostly, but the pizza had it own oddity to it also!]  It was a fun night!

Friday
Lots of stats...like 4 hours of it!
It was the Chinese New Year! ~~Learned about it both Thursday and Friday
I snowed a lot!--- (for here...It was only 2~3cm, about an inch :P)

Saturday
I went and tried to fix a phone for myself......I waited for half an hour and they were only on 120.....I was 129.  So I went on and got food (yeah!)
~~and made a cake

And people thought I would starve when cooking for myself!
And other stuff......I mostly talked to a German girl while doing my cake and trying my math, I did the talking and cake part right!  Well...mostly, she was trying to have me say German words, and I reduced them to the English words they sounded like...It worked for a while!

And today, Yay!
You are almost rid of me!
Mass in Polish--There is a language I understand less than Swedish!  It's Russian....and Polish ;P  

So after stuff, including that Polish stuff--[the stuff I didn't understand], a lady after Mass said stuff in that Polish stuff.  I had no idea the stuff she said.  So Emily become my stuff translator, she knows that Polish stuff, for she is Polish stuff, and I didn't learn what stuff she said until later.  I also had the homily stuff go through the stuff translator, [Emily], and I almost had guessed the stuff that had been said!  So we did that bus stuff and went to our homes after Mass (I did some stuff with my camera, the stuff of which you will see later in stuff).  I worked of that stats stuff.  I then went out with the HongKongians and we did stuff.  Mostly snow stuff.  Like snowball stuff.  This will be in another stuff blog about stuff.  Then there was more stats stuff!  And then writing this stuff.  Incase you are wondering on the stuff.  My friend Emily bet nonstuff me to say stuff every 3 words.  I don't believe stuff reached that amount of stuff.  But I tried stuff!  --And now you get to read stuff!

This is how you 'stuff' a paragraph I guess...
"stuffstuffstuffstuffstuffstuff..."
-Emily

Blog you later!!

In the future [mostly for my notes!]
  • Swedish stuff I've noticed
  • Swedish treats, and USA's counterparts?
  • Winter adventure with HongKongians
  • My school!
  • A bit of the town
  • other stuff if something happens....and I have my camera!  (I realize I need to take more pictures!)
***Note: incase you have not realized it yet, I do not edit these after I write them too much.......to not at all.  I'm sorry for all grammar murderings and spelling catastrophes.  My only excuse is I write them late at night, so you are just getting creative new ways to write the English language! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment