Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Run through!

This is a super run through happenings in the last week!  Ready, Set, GO!

MONDAY
Class and tested a trumpet.  Yep, now I'm part of a Swedish funk band which has non-Swedes, plays Jackson 5, and I have no idea of the name yet.  It's also going to be a pretty big challenge, I have to learn all the music from Youtube!

Stats: The excitement is probably in the air!

Light test, it works!

TUESDAY
Class; both the Swedish classes in this day.  Learned about Swedish music, it was quite cool!  Did you know that "How Great Thou Art" was a poem written by a man in the area I am in? --Smålland, it was then put to a Swedish folk tune and translated by a British missionary!

This night Brian, Emily, some other Polish guys, and I all were in Cyklamen [another dorm in my area] and we had some fun, and I practiced my Polish with two random Polish girls who were doing homework near us.


Polish people can't smile......

Emily taking a picture of me trying hers.....didn't work me so well

WEDNESDAY 
Since I was up until 2AM this day, I slept late, and didn't have class, yay!  I got a package from my parents!  I did some homework and went to Bible study at church with the other exchange students.  After this I went to Aka and came home and Skyped the parents!


My parents love me :D

..and added lots of wrapping (not rapping kids...dad can't sing ;P)

Dark Wing Duck tried to scare me!


THURSDAY
I guess blogs don't like Thusdays....It randomly changed sizes on me.
*I FIGURED IT OUT AND FIXED!*
I lost something so looked for it most of this day and went to class.  I then worked on my Rome trip over Easter this night.

random photos of the town at night


FRIDAY
Called Rome, I get to stay with some priests there over Easter!  Have I said I get to go to Easter Sunday Mass with the Pope?  Yeah!  Then had class, and went back home to get my flights and such to rome and back and a few buses and trains!

Saturday

Homework, food making, and had time with Furan Family---I feel there was more, but I don't remember right now.
*I remembered!  I taught Emeline how to waltz.

Sunday

Skyped with friends from home in the morning, homeworked, went to the Mass in English and served, and came back and finally finished an essay I had to write (I finally stopped procrastinating on finishing it....I had 3/4 done :P).  

Monday

Made a cake, fixed my lost things into not so lost things, worked on math, helped someone else make a cake, and we had a Birthday Party for Emeline {our resident French girl}.


Almost everyone!


TUESDAY

Today I have just baked another cake for another Birthday today (You'll see more with pictures, their weren't telling many people it was their Birthday though).  I also made lots of Bread for my trip (leaving for Kiruna tomorrow!) and had my one class for this week, Swedish culture, where I had to present my  paper I wrote in a small group.  I also went ice skating today with Emily!--for about 8min, it was all we could do!--at least we know how it works!--Free rental and rink!


I'm off to go give of my cake!

Blog you later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment