Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Yay Snow: Revenge of the Snow

See what I did there?  Oh yeah! ;P
Welcome the the third, and hopefully last installment for a single day {this is re-donk-ulous!}.

We got to the Camp's office more than in time, but had to wait while other's showed up.  While waiting we met a very nice couple who met in Stockholm at school (master's degrees), but were from the Netherlands.  Yode and Janet, who ended up being on all our tours with us!--We had someone to look forward to meet!  Once everyone showed up, we go the show on the road!  We tried seeing moose on the way to the camp, but nej, but we did see some reindeer!--which just look like normal deer, just larger.  We got to the cabin we were staying in and drop off our things and got ready for our night tour.  Northern Light Dogsled Tour: slight problem though, there was clouds, but more on that later!  We got dressed and got picked up to go to the camp and just stayed there [the lady picking us up for the tour didn't know this {not our fault, just to point that out}].
The tour used 11 dogs and a musher, we had a French man named Luc, and the other was a Swedish woman from Kiruna that has a name.  Emily, Brian and I were on the same sled, in that order, so I saw their heads very well.  This was fine with me though, seeing the business side of a dog isn't really my thing, I looked at much more of the landscape and even saw one of those artic hares!  We unfortunately did not get to saw the northern lights we hoped for due to clouds.  Like Luc said though, we could see the northern lights (Kiruna's city lights), just not the aurora borealis.  We stopped half way through and sat in a teepee (pretty sure they stole this from Native Americans) and had some Mushroom soup and biscuits cooked on a fire, while mushroom is not my most favorite it the world, in the words of Emily "I paid for it".  So I ate it.  We continued after we ate (on a very bumpy bit, our soup became shaken after stirred) and this is when I saw my hare.  Emily was our brake women throughout the adventure and Luc was a great guide and was much fun, but pretty sure he was cursing in French, perhaps I'll know once Emeline teaches me some French!  We didn't take too many photos on this tour, but this is wht I've got!

Blurry is the new clean, just so you know:


Brian with his best friend, who know's who else would take him?

all three of us.....just Emily is hiding behind my head, you can she her Waldo hat!

Emily.........doing something.....yeah

congrats!  their carried us!

photo of me?

This night when we got back I tried my hand at fire and got the sauna going in 15min, they said an hour!  I learned I am very good at starting fires.  Also I am very proud of being able to start fires.  Anywho, we tried this [all in the swimming suit style], I was busy with the wood, Emily was a no in about a min, I tried and was a no in about 20 seconds, it was not my thing, so pictures [double as Northern light check, but clouds, curse you!] and shower.  Off to bed!  We had to wake to drive snow machines in the morning!






Blog ya later!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment