Tuesday, February 18, 2014

YAY SNOW, the second.

A sequel, just like a bad movie!  {This will be half good, I promise!}
First, more pictures!
Where I'm going on exchange next....




They do actually use them!
Remember that place you were to guess?  
It's the oldest wooden church in Sweden, and here is some info on it,  Wikipedia didn't give me very much this time.
Kiruna Church (Swedish: Kiruna kyrka) is a church in KirunaSweden. In 2001, the church was voted the most beautiful public building in Sweden by the Swedish people.[1][2]

History[edit]

The church was built between 1909–1912 and consecrated by Bishop Olof Bergqvist on 8 December 1912. Since 1913, the church is included in the Jukkasjärvi parish in the diocese of Luleå.[3] Gustaf Wickman was the church's architect and the famous altarpiece is a work of Prince Eugen, Duke of Närke.[2][3]



We went and met the people in charge of the camp we were going to and dropped off our luggage and continued our hike about town.




I like his one :) 



Brian finally figured it out that if he stands somewhere, he'll probably get in a picture of mine ;P










Then we went inside, and thanks to the rubbish-like quality of my camera, I got some cool pictures!







this is the roof, not something upside-down!












Bus gods, yep, I guess buses need gods too.



ROCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


WORDS ABOUT THE ROCKET!!!



This is a park that splits the town from the mine, but the town is being moved!


I found a friend Who likes me ;P
Puns, they have come.

Nice bus man!---did the Bus gods do that?



The scariest front window to a store ever....in all time.
We were starting to get very hungry, so we looked around for a place that would be good to eat at, and within our purses.  [Both Emilia and I are pretty good at being cheap, it's nice to have another of my kind ;P]

So what do you have when you are having a Swedish experience?  Kebab!  What else!  A turkish food!  [and one of Brian's favorites!]


Brian didn't know how to feel about not being in that photo....


This doesn't want to flip, so happy exercise!



They are really starting to like all my photos!
I'm also sure they'll like this being on my blog! :D
It's the best smiles they had all day! ;p

After some eating we went to explore again!!!
Why take my own photo when they did such a nice job?
This was a poster on the side of a building, this photo was taken
right before a snow plow tried to take us out.

They are BAD---you can tell by the name on the building behind them!
[trees are not translucent--remember that kids!]







Yeah......so I may have lied, I'm going to put the last put of the day in another post!  The third in a series is always the best, right?

Blog ya in moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment