Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Time to "Chill Out"

On Friday we awoke and make breakfast (much better than my normal toast and jam style) and got ready for being slightly cold [but outside for 6 hours].  It was snowmobile day!  I had no idea what to think [to mildly scared] because I had never driven one of these before.  That was soon remedied, but first thing's first [random side note, Swedish doesn't use ' ---so it's a bit easier!].
Have to test the cameras for the day.....






Flashback Break!

Why go in order when I can mix it up?

Last night after our Dogsled Tour I may or may not have told them we should play in the snow, and we did! :D  I made a snow Emily, tackled Brian, and we ran out to a hut in the middle of the frozen lake.

I made a snow Emily! :D


Photo Cred: Emily [above and below]
oops....Brian likes snow a lot, I'm pretty sure ;)

Un-Flashback!













On the way to the Ice Hotel I rode with Emily, and she didn't kill me!  So the Goal was now not to kill her on the way back....
When we got there, we had to go let them rob us of 200 SEK and we received little stickers that I'm pretty sure they couldn't see when we went in anywho.

Happy Valentine's!
We then went on a short tour of the Ice Hotel and we walked about ourselves, me being me, explored any room, even those closed.  I paid for it, right? ;)

First stop, the Ice Chapel:



Brian had a thing for licking everything.....




And to the rest of it----->

SEE?










































Not sure he was ready for this photo....





I don't know 'bout this kid.....



These were pretty cool, as the ceiling pressed down, they would bend.  That is a thermodynamic explanation to this, which I gave, but will save it for another time for you.



This ended up being Brian and I's favorite room.  Not sure on Emily's.




Mad scientist time!!






I'm rebuilding the death star!

Emily just wanted to hug the world!







We are engineers!




I believe I can fly!
*hum it, I know you can*





Petting the pet lions


Brian found a cool new lady ;P







We then went to the gift show where we all got new patches for our overalls and Brian got a glass.  We then had the challenge of going home!




I managed to not kill anyone!!!!

It was a lot of fun.


This night we decided to make our our campfire outside, and after some struggles, the fire was lit, had some grilled cheese and a special swedish drink that 
"tastes like Christmas" ---Brian,.......or pretty close to what we said.



My camera at this point decide to have a mental break down and not close all the way, but still worked!
We enjoyed ourselves and we all stayed up until 2AM trying to see the Northern Lights.  That is when the two of them went to bed, for some reason I thought staying up until 5:30AM was a better decision.  I saw a red glow and the moon.** I finally went to bed and we got up and packed to leave the camp at 9:45AM ish~.    





**{I talked to another group that went about the same time as us and saw this same red glow, so we are claiming that this was the base of the northern lights that we could see under the clouds [before they blocked the view], I like this theory}



No comments:

Post a Comment